Health Technology House
The building at Otakaari 3, formerly known as the F-building, was renamed Health Technology House in 2015.
The Health Technology House (HTH), located on Aalto University’s main campus in Otaniemi, unites research groups whose work revolves around electrical devices, neuroscience, or related signal processing. The House contains most of the faculty of the Biomedical Engineering and Neuroscience and -technology subareas of Aalto’s Health & Wellbeing research community. Examples of research focus areas are medical imaging equipment, neurological therapy devices, rehabilitation technologies, and neurosciences. Faculty and staff in the House produce research with high scientific quality, and there is high productivity in innovation as well. More broadly, Aalto Health Platform, uniting the university’s Health & Wellbeing professors and research groups for increased collaboration, is managed from the House.
Health Technology House is the current home for the following units and activities:
- Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering (School of Science)
- Research groups of School of Electrical Engineering
- Biodesign Finland (office in Otaniemi)
- Aalto Brain Centre
- Aalto Health Platform (office)
- Health Capital Helsinki (office in Otaniemi)
- Aalto Health Factory
- Student restaurant Kvarkki (run by Fazer Food Services)
- Learning and teaching activities in biomedical engineering and neuroscience and -technology
In the future, it is planned that HTH will become the new home for one or several companies in the field of health technology.